Friday 2 August 2013

A Bit About Us - Breastfeeding

Where do I start off? I wanted to write about who I am now and what Eva and I do day to day.
Since before I had Eva I knew I wanted to breastfeed, and thankfully after weeks of hard work and bad latches, milky blisters and engorgement - we were still breastfeeding. I think family and friends were put off by me constantly having my ginormous boobs out and I don't care who I offended with it, you all need to realise I was doing whats best for my baby.
In hospital

pea head smaller than my boobies!

Fast forward to now. Eva is 9 months old, were still breastfeeding and family and friends still feel the same way...
Its frustrating because on one hand people want you to give your baby the best but they don't want to see it!
I'm just so proud of breastfeeding at all because it is such a hard thing to do, there are so many obstacles to overcome and I am so glad I did it, thanks in part to the support of Martin and my midwife friend Rachel.




Haha Martin won't be happy about the picture and to be honest it really isn't flattering of me either but what the hey. Sometimes its necessary not to give a funk what others think, and this is one of those moments.
This post is written because of World Breastfeeding Week 2013! Go Milky Mamas!

***************Addendum*******************
Watch this video - totally sums it up!



Brigid Visser
Professional, creative, media design from CR8:V-Design.
Facebook Twitter Blogger YouTube pinterest
Contact me: Skype brigid.visser




No comments:

Post a Comment